1. Revitalization and improvement of the Guadalhorce Valley tourism
Conceived to improve the region´s tourism sector, by increasing the tourist information services and promoting quality tourism based on the area’s resources, highlighting the culinary tourism linked to the agriculture and its products, as a fundamental element of our identity and our landscape.
Objectives: to assess the tourist resources of the region and improve the competitiveness of the local tourist industry.
Development or project phases:
- Organization of Gastronomy weeks in collaboration with the restaurants and lodgings of the area to promote a quality culinary tourism.
- Tourist Information Points installed in the regions establishments (accommodation, restaurants …)
- Preparation and English translation of tourism information material
- Promotion of the Guadalhorce Valley ´s tourism offer.
- Updating and improvement of the website www.guadalhorceturismo.com .
2. Project «Promotion of Quality Employment in the hospitality industry of Guadalhorce Valley»
Euro employment Assistance Program
Project Objectives: The project aims at finding innovative ways, through an exchange of experiences with other regions in Spain.
- Comparative study of the hospitality industry
- Study visits to exchange experiences
- Workshop on employment possibilities linked to gastronomy
- Creation of a social network about food and cooking, as a means of communication and exchange of information, materials, experiences, etc..
- Advice for creating a gourmet Product Club
- Information seminars
Development of a Good Practice Guide